The ASTYM system allows the clinician to stimulate the body’s own capacity for healing in patients with soft tissue dysfunction, scarring, and fibrosis. ASTYM uses ergonomically designed instruments as an extension of the clinician’s hands. The ASTYM system is a non-invasive treatment which can help to maximize range of motion, tissue mobility, and functional levels. For additional information click www.astym.com
What is the ASTYM system?
The ASTYM system is an evidence-based rehabilitation process designed to effectively treat chronic tendon disorders, scar tissue and fibrosis. The goal of the ASTYM treatment is to stimulate the body’s healing response, resulting in the resorption and remodeling of scar tissue and the regeneration of degenerative tendons. This effective therapy incorporates a customized program of stretching and exercise, which positively influences the alignment of the new collagen.
How can the ASTYM treatment benefit my patients?The ASTYM system optimizes your patients’ ability to regain function and return to normal, active lifestyles. The system offers many benefits:
- Resolves tough, chronic conditions, even where other treatments have failed.
- Rapidly resolves pain and increases functional ability (in just 4- 5 weeks).
- Delivers long-term results.
- Encourages patients to stay active in their work, sport or activity.
- Offers positive and predictable results, supported by outcomes.
- Evidence-based process that is supported by extensive research.